Adult Truths (4/30/13)
As Adults, we have all discovered some ADULT TRUTHS over the years…I would like to share a few of these with you this morning
1. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
4. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
5. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
6. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
7. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.
8. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
9. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front.
10. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
11. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.
12. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.