Facts about Moms (5/8/13)
Our mothers stood up for what we believe in, held us through the night when we’d tremble with fear, laugh at our jokes to give us confidence, nourish us with food and love to watch us grow, and forgive us when we messed up because they know we didn’t mean it. Here are some facts about moms!
1. If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much.
2. Never marry a man who hates his mother, because he'll end up hating you.
3. A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
4. Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.
5. Men are what their mothers made them.
6. By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacation-less class.
7. A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
8. No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement.
9. I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
10. There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.
11. No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you – life.
12. When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
13. Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
14. A man loves his sweetheart the most; his wife the best, but his mother the longest.
15. You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at their mom every time around - and why mom will always wave back